If you are looking for a dessert that is light, delicious and super easy to make, then look no further! This Chocolate Eclair Cake fits the bill!
Hello. My name is Christina and I’m addicted to recipes. I can’t seem to stop clipping, printing, and scrawling ingredients and instructions down on napkins. I’ve always loved recipes. In fact, for my bridal shower, my sister sent blank recipe cards to all of my guests and asked them to share their favorite recipe with me. I started my new marriage with over 70 tried and true favorite recipes from all of my friends and family. What a treasure!
This recipe came from my bridal shower…it was originally from one of my husband’s relatives.
We had guests over for dinner the other night and I ended up making my One Pot BLT Pasta. Since the meal was rather heavy, I thought I would make something light for dessert. This Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe was perfect!
This cake is incredible! Incredibly delicious! And, incredibly easy to make. And, I mean SUPER easy. And you want to know what the best part was? It was all free-form. No perfectionists allowed. The crust, which is just like a cream puff pastry, kinda takes its own shape. And, the filling is just spread on top. Just slap it on. Then slather on the Cool Whip. And drizzle the chocolate syrup on top. Absolutely zero skill required.
You can try to be fancy if you want to, but why? It’s just going to be devoured. And, believe me…after you taste this cake, you’ll forget all about how it looks! It’s that good. Oh, and don’t try to be demure by cutting yourself a small piece of this billowy, heavenly, blissfulness. Go ahead and take a big ‘ole slice. It’s super light and goes down easy. Trust me.
Want to know a trick to make it easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter? Just watch my Quick Tip on WNEP’s Home & Backyard!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter (1-stick)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 pkgs. (3.4 oz) Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2½ cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 1 container (12 oz) Cool Whip
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring the water, butter and salt to boil until butter is melted.
- Add the flour all at once and mix rapidly with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition until completely smooth.
- Spread in an ungreased 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Crust will puff up the sides of the pan while in the oven.
- When removed from the oven, prick bubbles with a fork. Let cool.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the pudding mix, milk and softened cream cheese together until thoroughly blended.
- Spread pudding mixture over the baked and cooled eclair crust.
- Spread Cool Whip over pudding mixture.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
FREE Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet Guide!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE guide!
Brilliant Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet