These Glazed Bacon Green Beans are one of my family’s favorite side dishes!
One of the most popular side dishes on my website are my Bacon Glazed Carrots. This post gets thousands of views – especially around the holidays.
It’s sweet and salty and loaded with bacon. What’s not to love?!
My neighbor brought over a bunch of green beans from his garden so I thought I would try the recipe with green beans.
These turned out so incredibly good! I had to make a double batch because I know my guys would devour them…which they did.
This recipe is definitely a keeper! I’l be making it again and again!
If you love bacon, head over our Bacon Month giveaway HERE. You can enter to win a super awesome Bacon Month prize pack.
And, for all of you bacon addicts out there, as part of Bacon Month we are sharing bacon recipes every Tuesday and Saturday in August. So stay tuned – there’s lots more bacon-liciousness to come! Here are some of the other bacon recipes being shared today:
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Glazed Bacon Green Beans
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in skillet.
- Saute onion in bacon drippings over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, pepper and blanched green beans.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until beans are glazed and heated through.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
FREE 10 Must Have Easy Recipes eBook!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE eCookbook
10 Must Have Easy Recipes for Busy Cooks