This Spaghetti Carbonara is the perfect quick dinner. It’s ready in 20 minutes!
Let’s face it, most of the time I don’t have more than 15-30 minutes to spend on making dinner.
When I make my weekly meal plan, I always try to include several quick dinner ideas. I love easy recipes that can be made quickly without crazy ingredients.
This Spaghetti Carbonara is one of those recipes.
I get everything started at once. I get the bacon cooking while the pasta is boiling. And I pull together the few remaining ingredients while those items are cooking away.
We love garlic so I used 4 cloves in this recipe. But, if you’re not a fan, or if you going to be around other people afterward (and don’t want to kill them with your dragon breath), you can always cut it back.
Then there’s the bacon. Everything is better with bacon, in my opinion!
My family loved this dish! My little guy even went in for seconds. It’s definitely a keeper!
If you love bacon, head over our Bacon Month giveaway HERE. You can enter to win a super awesome Bacon Month prize pack.
And, for all of you bacon addicts out there, as part of Bacon Month we are sharing bacon recipes every Tuesday and Saturday in August. So stay tuned – there’s lots more bacon-liciousness to come!
Here are some of the other bacon recipes being shared today:
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta cooking water before draining.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; reserve excess fat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Quickly add spaghetti, egg mixture, salt and pepper Working quickly, stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly add reserved pasta water until desired consistency is reached.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
FREE Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet Guide!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE guide!
Brilliant Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet