Grilling is one of my favorite ways to prepare food. Before your next cookout, check out these 10 Grilling Tips.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me of behalf of Ball Park® brand. The opinions and text are all mine.
I love to grill! We use our grill all year long – even in the dead of winter when the snow is flying! There is just something about flame kissed food that tastes so good.
10 Tips for Easy Grilling
1. Control the Heat: Always preheat your grill for at least 15-20 minutes (depending on your grill) with the lid closed. When cooking, make sure you adjust the heat based on what you’re grilling.
2. Get Perfect Grill Marks: If you want perfect diamond-shaped grill marks, think of a clock. Point the tip of the meat at 10 o’clock and grill for a few minutes then turn it to 2 o’clock for the same time. Flip and repeat.
3. Know The Temperature: Use a meat thermometer to ensure that your meat is grilled to the proper internal temperature.
4. Know When to Baste: Basting with sauces or marinades can add a lot of flavor to grilled meat and veggies. It’s best to baste during the last few minutes of grilling and then give a light baste again once the food is removed from the grill.
5. Prevent Sticking: Keep food from sticking to your grill by giving it a light coating of vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray before you light it.
6. Give it a Rest: Keep meat juicy and moist by letting it rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting it. This allows the juices to redistribute and will keep it from running out of the meat.
7. Cover it Up: Keeping your grill covered while grilling will help keep a more even temperature and food will cook faster.
8. The Perfect Burger: If you want to make the perfect burger, season the meat with my Burger Seasoning Blend and then place a divot in the center of the burger with your thumb. This will keep the burger from puffing up when grilled.
I always have plenty of Ball Park Park’s Finest hotdogs on hand when I grill. It’s a classic summer staple that everyone loves.
On August 13th, Ball Park brand, set the Guinness World Record for the Longest Team Barbecue Marathon after grilling for 34 hours and 35 minutes in New York City! Finest Grillathon winners, Andrew Battistelli and Susan Bulloch, along with Food Network chef Tyler Florence, grilled more than 3,000 Ball Park Park’s Finest Hot Dogs which were donated to City Harvest, a food rescue organization. Check out the recap video featuring highlights from the event and tell us how you would have kept going for 34 hours here.
Ball Park Park’s Finest frankfurters take a barbecue from bland to BOLD, elevating any grilling experience. They are available in five great-tasting varieties, including: Jalapeño Cheddar, Slow Cooked Chili, Signature Seasoned, Slow Smoked Hickory, and Cracked Dijon Mustard.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ball Park. The opinions and text are all mine.
Did you enjoy this post?
Get FREE email updates of my latest recipes and tips. Plus, I'll send you my FREE eCookbook, The Best Slow Cooker Recipes Every Cook Needs!