Indoor waterparks are the newest way to entertain your family. Here are 5 tips for making the most of your next indoor waterpark visit.
This post was made possible by iConnect and Kalahari. I was provided compensation, but all opinions are 100% mine. #LoveKalahariPA
My family and I recently visited Kalahari Resorts and Conventions in the heart of the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. It was a gorgeous fall weekend but it was quite chilly (32 degrees when we woke up in the morning!). It was the perfect weekend to have some indoor fun.
Kalahari is a brand-new African-themed resort that consists of a 100,000-square-foot indoor waterpark including a spa, dining options, 5D theater, arcade games, black light mini golf and much more.
My son and nephew were stoked and didn’t know what to try first. We experienced the waterpark, arcade, 5D theater and indoor bowling.
The kids had a great time and quickly became masters of the Flow Rider water ride. While the adults enjoyed the indoor/outdoor hot tub. I loved the hot water and cool, crisp air — it was very refreshing
5 Tips for Visiting an Indoor Waterpark
When you travel to an indoor waterpark, I have some tips that will help make your stay more enjoyable.
1. Bring your own towels: Yes, Kalahari provided towels, but if you prefer plush beach sized towels, you should bring your own from home.
2. Bring more than one bathing suit per person. We stayed at Kalahari for one night which meant we were able to use the waterpark the day we arrived and all day of our checkout day. I highly recommend bringing more than one bathing suit in case yours doesn’t dry over night.
3. Bring a tote bag. I highly recommend bringing a tote bag to hold your belongings while you’re in the park. It’s a great place to stash your shoes, extra towels and shirts or cover ups.
4. Protect your cell phone from water damage. Water and cell phones do not mix. Prevent water damage to your cell phone by using a cell phone protector. We saw a lot people using this one.
5. Establish a home base. When you arrive in the waterpark, choose a spot as home base. Make sure everyone in your group knows where this spot is so that if you get separated, they know where to go.
Save on Kalahari Tickets
Stay at Kalahari for $199 per night with a $100 Family Entertainment Center card. Valid October 1 – November 24, Sunday – Thursday. To book, call 1-877–KALAHARI with the promo code: iConnect. Restrictions Apply. Offer subject to availability. Does not include taxes or fees.
Did you enjoy this post?
Get FREE email updates of my latest recipes and tips. Plus, I'll send you my FREE eCookbook, The Best Slow Cooker Recipes Every Cook Needs!