Recommit to your fitness goals with these 10 Healthy Life Hacks. These easy fitness tips will help you eat better and exercise more.
I was provided a free Jenny Craig Weight Loss Starter Kit. However, the opinions expressed are entirely my own.
Ok folks, we are one month in to our New Year’s resolutions.
I know that many of us have made health-related resolutions. Maybe it’s to eat better or exercise more. Maybe it’s to loose a certain amount of weight.
It’s time for a check up. How are you doing? I’ve put together a list of 10 Healthy Life Hacks to help you stay on track and keep working toward your goals.
10 Healthy Life Hacks
- Stay hydrated. Hydration is one of the cornerstones of a healthy lifestyle. Get the recommended water intake by keeping a water bottle with you at all times.
- Don’t buy junk food. If sweet and/or salty snacks are your nemesis, make it easy on yourself and don’t buy junk food. It’s that simple. If you don’t have it, you can’t eat it.
- Stock up on healthy snacks. If you do get snack cravings, and, let’s face it, we all do, keep a good stock of healthy snacks at home, work and in your bag. Things like fruit, veggies, nuts and yogurt make great options.
- Go for whole grains. One of the easiest changes you can make is to swap processed white grains for 100% whole grains. Look for the whole grain versions of your favorite breads, cereals, pastas and other foods.
- Plan your meals. Get organized and plan your meals for the week. Having a plan will make it easier for you to stay on track and eliminate temptations. Here’s how I meal plan. Be sure to incorporate leftovers into your meal plan.
- Stock up on healthy choices. Keep healthy staples in your fridge and pantry so you always have meal starters on hand. Items like beans, whole grain pastas, brown rice, canned tuna and frozen veggies are great choices.
- Prep ahead. Be proactive and get a jump start on your meals. Repackage snacks into single portion containers. Make double batches of your favorite healthy recipes. Pack your lunch the night before.
- Don’t skip meals. We all get busy during the day but skipping meals won’t help you achieve your goals. Plan your day so you can eat 5-6 smaller meals during the day, rather than 1-2 larger meals.
- Get more exercise. Exercise doesn’t have to be a strict fitness routine or expensive gym membership. Just get moving. Walk more. Take the stairs. Park in the farthest parking spot from the door. Play a game with your kids (like tag, kickball or basketball). Little things like this can be the spring board to bigger change.
- Don’t overcomplicate it. Healthy doesn’t have to be complicated. When in doubt eat fruits, vegetables and high quality proteins. Jenny Craig makes healthy eating easy by doing all of the prep and work for you. You can pick up a 5 day Jenny Craig starter pack at your local Walmart. You get 20 food choices, free month of consultations for any Jenny Craig center in the US (or via telephone at Jenny Craig anywhere) and a $50 food credit when you sign up with Jenny Craig.
I found the Jenny Craig system to be extremely easy to use. Plus, I really liked the food – especially those little lemon cookies in the photo below! The 5-day starter kit comes with everything you need for 5 days of healthy eating. That’s 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners and 5 snacks.
Everything is pre-measured and ready to go. So, it’s perfect for those of us with busy lifestyles. And, those of us who rely on the “I don’t have time to eat healthy” excuse. (Yeah, I’m guilty of that).
And you get free month of consultations for any Jenny Craig center in the US (or via telephone at Jenny Craig anywhere) and a $50 food credit when you sign up with Jenny Craig. We all know that support is the key to success for weight loss.
If you find yourself falling behind on your health resolutions. It’s OK. I’m not here to judge. I’m here to offer a way to get back on track. It’s never too late.
Get INSTANT ACCESS to my FREE eCookbook: The Best Easy Recipes.
Sign up to receive a FREE eCookbook, available exclusively to subscribers!