Ok, so I feel bad that I’ve posted two not-so-stellar recipes in a row. But, my goal for this project was to cook my way through the and report back — good, bad or ugly. So, I’m going to post a tried and true favorite — Slow cooker Salisbury Steak.
I think this recipe is my husband’s favorite dinner of all time. His eyes light up when I suggest making this for dinner. It was even the inspiration for our annual holiday cookbook that we make for our family and friends. Check it out! And, if you do a little prep work ahead of time, it’s really an easy weeknight dinner!
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
2 pounds ground beef
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ cup milk
¼ all purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
¾ cup water
1. Mix together ground beef, onion soup mix, breadcrumbs and milk
2. Shape into 8 patties
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
4. Dredge the patties in flour to coat and quickly brown on both sides
5. Place browned patties in slow cooker, stacking like a pyramid
6. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, au jus mix and water
7. Pour over patties
8. Cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is well done
SUGGESTION: You can form and brown the patties ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to use.
FREE 10 Must Have Easy Recipes eBook!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE eCookbook
10 Must Have Easy Recipes for Busy Cooks