Ok, so I feel bad that I’ve posted two not-so-stellar recipes in a row. But, my goal for this project was to cook my way through the and report back — good, bad or ugly. So, I’m going to post a tried and true favorite — Slow cooker Salisbury Steak.
I think this recipe is my husband’s favorite dinner of all time. His eyes light up when I suggest making this for dinner. It was even the inspiration for our annual holiday cookbook that we make for our family and friends. Check it out! And, if you do a little prep work ahead of time, it’s really an easy weeknight dinner!
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
2 pounds ground beef
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ cup milk
¼ all purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
¾ cup water
1. Mix together ground beef, onion soup mix, breadcrumbs and milk
2. Shape into 8 patties
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
4. Dredge the patties in flour to coat and quickly brown on both sides
5. Place browned patties in slow cooker, stacking like a pyramid
6. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, au jus mix and water
7. Pour over patties
8. Cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is well done
SUGGESTION: You can form and brown the patties ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to use.
FREE Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet Guide!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE guide!
Brilliant Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet