Thanksgiving is all about tradition in my house. For the most part, we have the same recipes, year after year. Most of them were passed down from my grandmother to my mother and now to me. I love pulling out the old recipe cards and time-worn handwritten instructions. Something about it is very comforting to me.
Once in a while, though, I’ll venture out and try something new for my holiday menu. This is one of those recipes.
My mom actually came up with this recipe. Instead of brown sugar, marshmallows and the like, these sweet potatoes are roasted with garlic, fresh rosemary and Parmesan cheese. The flavor is incredible and you don’t have to feel so guilty about the extra calories.
As I start to prepare for the busy holiday season, I’m putting together menus, gathering my favorite recipes and making to-do lists. I realize how helpful it is to have a double oven like the GE Café™ Series range.
This range would really make holiday meals a lot easier. Who couldn’t use a little more extra space when preparing a big family feast?! The GE Café™ line are restaurant-inspired appliances to take your kitchen traditions to the next level. Each burner is specialized for precise boiling, simmering and searing which makes holiday meal prep easy.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Thanksgiving Menu Recipes: Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes into uniform sized pieces.
- Place in a baking dish with sides. Add melted butter, rosemary, garlic,
- salt and pepper.
- Toss to evenly coat all of the potatoes.
- Spread potatoes into a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with parmesan cheese.
- Add water to baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork
For even more inspiration, check out GE Café™ on Pinterest. Insight for this post was provided by GE Café™ Series.
FREE Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet Guide!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE guide!
Brilliant Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet