* I was provided with product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are all my own and were not influenced by the company. *
Easy crock pot recipes are an essential tool in any busy mom’s toolbox. This recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Fiesta Chicken is one of those easy recipes and healthy meals that comes together in a snap and is easy on the waistline!
I was asked to try Pacific Organic’s Soup Starters. As much as I love soup, I thought I would give it a whirl in a slow cooker recipe. I’ve been dying to try this recipe for Mexican Fiesta Chicken so it seemed like a good fit for the Pacific Organic Tortilla Soup Starter.
Pacific Natural Foods believe in celebrating the natural goodness of food. That’s why they use real, simple ingredients that are verified organic. Their belief that flavor begins on the farm in all they do to be good stewards of the land and supportive of the farmers or ranchers that partner with them. All in all, a pretty stand up company!
I really liked the added flavor that the Pacific Organic Tortilla Soup Base added to this recipe. It gave a richer, deeper flavor to the savory sauce. This product is definitely a “keeper” in my book! I can’t wait to try the other flavors, too!
I served this over brown rice and it made a great healthy dinner. Everyone loved it so I would say that it’s a keeper!
When it comes to slow cookers, there are many options available – from the basic to the ultra fancy. My favorite is the Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker. I have had a number of slow cookers over the years and this is by far my favorite. It’s easy to use and program. It’s just the right size and it has handy clips that hold the lid on securely while you’re traveling.
Here are some slow cooker accessories you might like too:
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Pacific Organic Tortilla Soup Base (or 1 cup chicken broth)
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 3 Tbsp sour cream, reduced fat
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Place the chicken in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat then layer the vegetables and salsa on top.
- Pour soup base over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- The meat is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Add the chicken back into the slow cooker and stir in the sour cream and black beans.
- Return lid to slow cooker and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
- Top with green onions before serving.
If you like this recipe, you will love these: