Easy crock pot recipes are an essential tool in any busy mom’s toolbox. This recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Fiesta Chicken is one of those easy recipes and healthy meals that comes together in a snap and is easy on the waistline! This is one of the best crock pot chicken recipes.
*Disclosure: This post is sponsored by PPL Electric Utilities. I am a Project Envolve Ambassador and have received product/compensation to facilitate this post. This post may also contain affiliate links. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
The holidays are hectic – everyone knows that. But for me, the few months after the holidays are just as hectic. Our family schedule is packed with sports events, birthdays and all kinds of other commitments and activities.
Sometimes, I feel like we run from place to place without a moment to spare.
During these times it can be easy to let our meal plan fall to the way side. Who’s got time for the extra planning, right?!?
Wrong. These are the times when I rely on my meal plan the most. I use my meal plan to make sure that I’m spending my time efficiently in the kitchen. And, I usually turn to my favorite easy crock pot recipes to keep things simple.
This Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken is one of my favorite go-to crock pot meals. It’s extremely easy to put together and it’s full of flavor. But the best part is, it’s one of my healthier slow cooker recipes.
Using a slow cooker not only saves time in the kitchen, but it also saves energy. Slow cookers use less energy than a conventional oven or stove. Win-win! Here are some slow cooker truths and myths:
One way you can make this recipe even easier is to prepare the ingredients ahead of time and freeze them in a freezer bag. Then, on busy days, you simply need to take a bag from the freezer, thaw it overnight and place it in the slow cooker in the morning. When you come home, dinner is ready. I love easy. Easy makes me happy.
Freezer meals can be a real time saver. Here are some tips to make sure your freezer is functioning efficiently:
- Keep your freezer as full as possible. Unlike your refrigerator, freezers are most efficient when they are full.
- Use a thermometer to check the temperature. Freezers should be kept between zero and five degrees. If it’s too cold, you’re wasting energy. If it’s too warm, you can risk spoiling your food.
- Checks for leaky door seals with a dollar bill. Close the door on a dollar bill. If the bill stays in place, you have a good seal. If it slides down or moves easily, it’s time to clean or replace the door gasket.
Here’s a handy freezer inventory printable you can use to help you keep track of what you have on hand.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Did you enjoy this post?
Then get on the list! Get FREE email updates of my latest recipes and tips. Plus, I'll send you my FREE eCookbook, 7 Best Slow Cooker Recipes Every Cook Needs!