This easy Cheeseburger Soup is packed with flavor and ready in 30 minutes!
I was talking to a few ladies at church the other day and we happened to get on the topic of cooking (my favorite topic, by the way!). While swapping recipes, I learned about this Cheeseburger Soup. I’ve been obsessed with soup lately so I had to give it a try. This Cheeseburger Soup definitely lived up to its reputation! It’s basically everything you love about cheeseburgers in a bowl – and then some. This soup was really easy to make and it was ready in 30 minutes, which makes it a great easy weeknight meal. Here are a few tips to help you get this Cheeseburger Soup on the table in 30 minutes:
- Take the time to chop all of the veggies before you start cooking. You can place the potatoes in a bowl of cold water to keep them from turning brown.
- Get two pans going at once — brown the ground been in a large skillet and start sauteing the veggies in a large dutch oven.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes – they will cook faster.
This soup is very filling and was great re-heated the next day!
*Scroll down for recipe*
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained of excess fat
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- ¾ cup carrots, shredded
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups of Velveeta processed cheese cubed or 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, melt 1 Tbsp butter.
- Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until tender. Add basil and parsley and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt the remaining butter and add the flour.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until a bubbly paste forms.
- Add to the soup and bring back to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheeses, milk, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- Top with extra shredded cheese before serving.
For more dinner inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
If you like this recipe, here are some of my other favorite soups…
FREE Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet Guide!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE guide!
Brilliant Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet