This easy Cheeseburger Soup is packed with flavor and ready in 30 minutes!
I was talking to a few ladies at church the other day and we happened to get on the topic of cooking (my favorite topic, by the way!). While swapping recipes, I learned about this Cheeseburger Soup. I’ve been obsessed with soup lately so I had to give it a try. This Cheeseburger Soup definitely lived up to its reputation! It’s basically everything you love about cheeseburgers in a bowl – and then some. This soup was really easy to make and it was ready in 30 minutes, which makes it a great easy weeknight meal. Here are a few tips to help you get this Cheeseburger Soup on the table in 30 minutes:
- Take the time to chop all of the veggies before you start cooking. You can place the potatoes in a bowl of cold water to keep them from turning brown.
- Get two pans going at once — brown the ground been in a large skillet and start sauteing the veggies in a large dutch oven.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes – they will cook faster.
This soup is very filling and was great re-heated the next day!
*Scroll down for recipe*
- 1 pound ground beef browned and drained of excess fat
- ¾ cup onion diced
- ¾ cup carrots shredded
- ¾ cup celery diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups of Velveeta processed cheese cubed or 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
In a large Dutch oven, melt 1 Tbsp butter.
Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until tender. Add basil and parsley and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken broth and potatoes; cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt the remaining butter and add the flour.
Cook for 3 minutes or until a bubbly paste forms.
Add to the soup and bring back to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheeses, milk, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
Top with extra shredded cheese before serving.
For more dinner inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
If you like this recipe, here are some of my other favorite soups…
Did you enjoy this post?
Get FREE email updates of my latest recipes and tips. Plus, I'll send you my FREE eCookbook, The Best Slow Cooker Recipes Every Cook Needs!