Easy Coconut Poke CakeMarch 5, 2014
This Coconut Poke Cake is one of my favorite easy dessert recipes.
I have a love affair with coconut. There is just something about the sweet, tropical flavor that makes me melt.
Coconut shrimp, coconut cream pie, coconut filled chocolates…I love it all.
I also love poke cakes. What is a poke cake, you ask?
It’s when you take a perfectly baked cake and riddle it with holes. You then pour some sort of luscious liquid over top and let it soak in, making the cake super moist and full of whatever flavor you’ve chosen. In this case, coconut.
This cake is incredibly light, creamy and dreamy. And, it makes me think of summer. It’s 5 degrees and snowing here. This Coconut Poke Cake is what’s getting me through this winter.
If you close your eyes while you’re eating this cake, you could probably hear the faint sound of steel drums and feel a warm breeze blowing across your face.
Then the dryer buzzes, snapping me back to reality. Oh, well. It was good while it lasted. I guess I’ll just have to eat more cake to keep.
It’s no wonder that this easy Coconut Poke Cake is one my favorite easy dessert recipes.
Have you ever tried poke cake? What’s your favorite flavor? Leave a comment below.
Easy Dessert Recipes: Coconut Poke Cake
Compliments of It’s a Keeeper
- 1 (18 oz) boxed White Cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 7 oz canned coconut milk
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8 oz sweetened flaked coconut
- Prepare cake according to the package directions.
- Bake in a 13×9 baking dish according to package directions.
- Remove cake from the oven, and while still hot, poke holes all over the top using a fork
- Open the can of coconut milk and stir it so it is completely combined
- Pour 7 oz of the coconut milk over top of the hot cake
- Cool cake completely
- Spread whipped topping over the entire cake
- Top with flaked coconut
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
Latest posts by Christina (see all)
- Apple Pie Moonshine - October 19, 2014
- Review: Silk Almond Taste - October 16, 2014
- VIDEO: Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Strawberry Salsa - October 16, 2014