I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. These TWIX Caramelita Bars are an easy dessert that the whole family will love. They are loaded with caramel and real TWIX candy bars! One of my favorite easy dessert recipes on It’s a Keeper are Chocolate Caramelitas. They are super easy to make and always a hit whenever I bring them anywhere. I have lovingly dubbed them Jill Bars because they are, my BFF, Jill’s favorite. I make them every year for her birthday and to take to the beach when we vacation together. When I saw these bite size TWIX bars, I knew I had to find a way to incorporate them into the Jill Bars. I found these new TWIX Bites at Wal-Mart. They were the perfect size for this recipe! And, there’s even a coupon on Social Twist for $1.00 off when you buy two 2.83 oz. or larger bags OR $3.00 off when you buy two 6 oz. or larger bags. You can also save $1.00 Off any two (2) MARS Brand Bites, 2oz. or larger including TWIX®, 3 MUSKETEERS®, MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel, MILKY WAY® & SNICKERS®. I used the MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel bites to make my Easy No Bake Caramel Cream Pie. It’s to die for! These Caramelitas use a 6 oz bag of TWIX Bites. Chop ‘em up into bite size pieces but try not to eat them as you’re chopping them. It’s hard. I know. You might want to pick up a second bag just to nibble on! Just sayin’. I also used a jar of salted caramel ice cream topping. I love the saltiness paired with the super sweet caramel and candy bars. It gives everything a nice balance. If I were you, I would pin this now! Just click the little Pin It button below! Once you bake these bars, the TWIX pieces nestle down into the caramel and become one with it. It’s a beautiful thing. Are you drooling yet? Because I am! I need to go get one of these Caramelitas NOW! The handy printable recipe is below! Do you have a favorite recipe using TWIX candy bars? Share your ideas with me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using these hashtags: #EatMoreBites and #CollectiveBias.
Easy Desserts: TWIX Caramelita Bars
- 2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup salted caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (6 ounces) package TWIX Bites, chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13×9 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine oats, 1 ½ cups flour, brown sugar and baking soda in mixing bowl.
- Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine ice cream topping and remaining ¼ cup flour in bowl, whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over bottom of crust and spread to edges.
- Sprinkle chopped TWIX and chocolate chips on top of caramel mixture.
- Crumble the reserved crust mixture on top.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
For more easy recipes, check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: