Pancakes are one of my favorite easy breakfast recipes. These Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce are light, refreshing and bursting with flavor!
A while back, I was visiting Baltimore, MD and had these pancakes for breakfast at the hotel restaurant. All day long, I couldn’t stop thinking about them. They were bursting with lemon flavor and topped with this incredible fresh blueberry sauce.
I thought I had died and gone to heaven. When I got home, I knew I had to make them.
I used my great-grandmother’s pancake recipe as the base. You can use whichever recipe you like best – or use a pancake mix. I won’t judge.
In my opinion, the blueberry sauce is the best part about this recipe! You can use it on just about anything, such as:
- Pancakes (of course!)
- Ice cream
- Angel food cake or pound cake
- French toast
- Short cakes
I could go on and on!
What would you use this blueberry sauce on? Leave me a comment below!
Check out these resources for pancakes:
(Disclaimer: these are affiliate links)
Easy Breakfast Recipes: Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
Compliments of It’s a Keeper
1 batch of your favorite pancake recipe (12 pancakes)
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare pancake batter according to recipe directions.
- Add lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to batter and stir to combine.
- Cook pancakes according to recipe directions.
- In a sauce pan, combine 2 cups of blueberries, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Stir over medium-high heat until mixture starts boiling and blueberries start bursting.
- Add corn starch mixture and bring blueberries to full boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- If sauce gets too thick, add more water one tablespoonful at a time.
- Remove sauce from heat, add remaining blueberries and stir to combine.
- Serve blueberry sauce on top of lemon pancakes.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
Get INSTANT ACCESS to my FREE eCookbook: The Best Easy Recipes.
Sign up to receive a FREE eCookbook, available exclusively to subscribers!