This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
This easy Philly Cheese Steak Soup recipe is one of my family’s favorite dinner recipes: quick easy meals. I love that it’s ready to eat in 30 minutes!
My family loves Philly cheese steaks. There’s just something about all of that beef, nestled with sautéed peppers and onions and topped with ooey, gooey cheese. It’s pure deliciousness.
As I was going through my pantry the other day, I came up with Philly Cheese Steak Soup. I took all of the flavors that I loved from a Philly cheese steak and put them inside a rich and delicious broth.
The result was incredible!
The best part about this recipe, is it only took 30 minutes to make. It’s perfect for busy schedules. I used real steak tips and sautéed some peppers and onions. Then, I topped the whole thing with some grated cheese (the cheese is the secret to a great Philly cheese steak!).
I served it with some crusty bread and a big salad. My family went crazy for it!
I will definitely be making this for my next Soup Swap Party.
The recipe may have only taken 30 minutes to make but it tasted like it simmered all day. The broth was so rich and flavorful.
I used Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking to make the soup base for this dish. It was like having a weekend meal on a week night schedule.
Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking are a line of pourable, ready-to-use soups in cartons that you can use to create your own homemade recipes. These are the perfect secret weapon for today’s busy parents.
There are four varieties to choose from. I used the Sweet Onion in this recipe. It had a deep, rich flavor that was well seasoned and flavorful.
I found these Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking in the soup aisle at Walmart. Starting on March 13, 2015, you can download a coupon to save $0.75 on one Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking (valid for one month).
If you have a recipe that calls for onion soup you should try swapping the Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking Sweet Onion soup in it’s place. Be sure to check out more delicious, easy homemade recipes using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking and be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
What is your favorite soup? Leave a comment and let me know.
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of the dinner recipes: quick easy on It is a Keeper! Including these:
Dinner recipes: Quick Easy Philly Cheese Steak Soup
Philly Cheese Steak Soup
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 bell pepper - diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef tips
- 1 Tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz container Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Sweet Onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheese - I used American and Provolone
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add peppers and onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add beef tips and steak seasoning.
- Cook beef until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Sweet Onion and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add shredded cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.