This easy one pot Skillet Lemon Chicken recipe will quickly become one of your favorite dinner recipes: quick easy meals!
If you’re anything like me, weeknights can be hectic! Between errands, activities, and the homework battle, there seems to be little time left for cooking a meal.
Skillet meals are the perfect option for those nights when you need something tasty, requiring little effort, and comes together quickly. Best of all, you only end up with one pot to wash!
When you cook fast, one of the downsides is that the flavor can sometimes fall a little flat, as the food doesn’t have time to develop complex flavors. The lemons in this recipe really add a flavor punch, and coupled with the wine (or chicken stock), make lacking flavor a non-issue.
The beauty of this recipe is that once you make it, you can start to personalize it to whatever you have on hand. I have substituted asparagus for the green beans, added peppers, and even used pork – all with great success.
It’s also a great pantry recipe, because both caned green beans and mushrooms work perfectly in this! I pop my potatoes into the microwave while I’m cooking the chicken, and they are perfectly cooked and ready for the skillet just in time – no need to worry about cooking them in advance.
This recipe passes both the husband and kid test, and will sure to be a hit in your house, too!
If you’re looking for something that requires no stove-time, check out my Creamy Baked Chicken, which you just pop in the oven when you get home and have a yummy supper on the table by the time you’re ready to sit down to eat.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Skillet Lemon Chicken
Skillet Lemon Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thin sliced Chicken Breasts - boneless & skinless
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 5 red potatoes - cooked & quartered
- 8 oz green beans - french cut (frozen) or 1 can
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or 1 small can
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine - or additional 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lemon - thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cook in the skillet, turning when necessary until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan, and add in potatoes, green beans, and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wine, stock, and sour cream. Pour over the vegetables.
- Add lemon slices to the skillet, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and allow to heat through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.