This easy one pot Chicken Veggie Skillet recipe is one of my family’s favorite dinner recipes: quick easy meals. I love that it’s ready to eat in 30 minutes!
The other night we had a jam packed schedule. I had back to back meetings (it seems weird saying that because I’m a blogger, but I have so many projects that I’m working on right now). My husband was late coming home from work and my son had a good amount of homework. Plus, we had baseball practice AND Cub Scouts.
Sheesh! I’m tired just writing about it!
Since my afternoon got away from me, I didn’t have time to make what was on my meal plan. Instead, I needed to find something that was ready in under 30 minutes and was hearty enough to fill my family.
The result was this this One Pot Chicken Veggie Skillet.
I love one-pot recipes – especially when you can get them on the table in under 30 minutes.
I had everything I needed in the fridge and pantry so it came together super fast. I used boneless skinless chicken breast (that I was planning to make Oven Fried Chicken with) that I sautéed with some garlic and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. I tossed in some pasta and and topped the whole thing with some grated Parmesan cheese.
I used Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking to make the creamy sauce for this dish. It added so much flavor and depth to the recipe.
Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking are a line of pourable, ready-to-use soups in cartons that you can use to create your own homemade recipes. These are the perfect secret weapon for today’s busy parents.
There are four varieties to choose from. I used the Creamy Herb with Chicken in this recipe. It had a deep, rich flavor that was well seasoned and flavorful.
This recipe was a huge hit! Everyone devoured it.
And, because I only used one pot, clean up was so easy. Seriously, who has time to do a sink full of dishes on a busy weeknight?!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of the dinner recipes: quick easy on It is a Keeper! Including these:
One Pot Chicken Veggie Skillet
- 1.5 pounds boneless - skinless chicken, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- House Seasoning Blend - to taste
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 14.5 oz Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Creamy Herb with Chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz short cut pasta - I used rotini
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with House Seasoning.
- Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, vegetables, Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and add pasta.
- Simmer for 7 minutes or the length of cooking time indicated on pasta box.
- Turn off heat and add cheese.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.