This Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream is easy to make and tastes so good!
*This post may contain affiliate links.
My go-to treat is always ice cream. And, my favorite flavor is classic vanilla.
No bells. No whistles. Just good, old fashioned vanilla. I’m kinda plain like that!
This recipe is incredibly easy to make using an ice cream maker. This one is my favorite.
There are only a few simple ingredients that you mix together. Then let the mixture chill for a bit in the fridge.
Last, just give it a twirl in your ice cream maker. After about 15 minutes, you have the best homemade vanilla ice cream.
I really doesn’t get any easier!
I always store my homemade ice cream in this cute ice cream container. It’s the perfect size and keeps your ice cream fresh. Plus, I love the easy to remove, silicone lid!
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter! I’ll send you a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a mixer, combine the milk, sugar and salt until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour chilled mixture into ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Serve immediately or, if you prefer firmer ice cream, chill in the freezer to get desired consistency.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.