If you love quick easy dessert recipes, then you will love this Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake!
This winter has been so very long and cold. Each year as spring draws closer I long for warm weather and peaches picked fresh off the tree. Peach recipes flood my mind – peach pie, blueberry peach crisp, peach coffee cake, and easy peach cobbler.
Hey! It’s Heather here. Alas, the entrance of spring brought only snow, and the only peaches I am getting are frozen, but since I’m dreaming of summer I am dreaming of all the things that means to us – freshly picked peaches and trips to the beach top my list.
My husband and I booked a trip to the beach, hoping this fickle spring weather would be in our favor. It wasn’t. It’s just wrong to see flurries at the beach. However, I packed everything I needed to make a delicious peach coffee cake for Sunday brunch.
One way we love to travel affordably is to book a room with a kitchenette and make some of our own meals. I package the dry ingredients for recipes into containers or ziploc bags and label them. That way we can easily mix up whatever we want for an in-house meal.
Coffee cake is one of our favorite treats and it is easy to pull together with different fruits. This peach cobbler coffee cake is my absolute favorite breakfast treat because it is easy to take on the road, reminds me of summer, and mixes peach cobbler dessert with breakfast. When it comes to coffee cake, this gluten-free apple coffee cake is another one of our favorites.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Easy Dessert Recipes: Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake
Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter + 3 tablespoons softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 16 ounces frozen peaches you will have some left over
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease 9 x 10 or 10 x 10 baking dish.
- Mix vinegar and milk then set to side.
- Mix together 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter.
- Whisk together milk, egg, and butter.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Put half of batter into baking dish.
- Layer peach slices over top of batter.
- Dice remaining 3 tablespoons of butter into small cubes.
- Add butter and remaining 1/4 cup flour into remaining 1/2 of batter.
- Gently mix together until incorporated and spread over top of peaches.
- Bake approximately 1 hour, until toothpick comes out clean when testing the middle of the cake.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/