This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
This easy one pot Sausage Tortellini Skillet recipe is one of my family’s favorite dinner recipes: quick easy meals. I love that it’s ready to eat in 30 minutes!
I am addicted to making one pot skillet meals. They are such a time saver on busy weeknights.
It all started with my One Pot BLT Pasta — bacon, linguini and tomato. This recipe has been a huge hit on my site.
I’ve been featured on TV making this dish and I actually won a $1,000 shopping spree at Williams Sonoma for this recipe.
I think it’s so popular because it’s so easy. And, there’s bacon. Seriously, though, there is something to be said for a recipe that doesn’t leave you with a sink full of dirty dishes.
I loved the flavors that this recipe brought together — the spicy sausage, tender tortellini, the earthiness of the mushrooms and the saltiness of the parmesan cheese.
I used Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking to make the creamy sauce for this dish. It added so much flavor and depth to the recipe.
Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking are a line of pourable, ready-to-use soups in cartons that you can use to create your own homemade recipes. These are the perfect secret weapon for today’s busy parents.
There are four varieties to choose from. I used the Savory Portobello Mushroom in this recipe. It had a deep, rich flavor that was well seasoned and flavorful.
I found these Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking in the soup aisle at Walmart. Starting on March 13, 2015, you can download a coupon to save $0.75 on one Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking (valid for one month).
I have made this recipe several times already and it gets devoured every single time. Plus, it’s great reheated the next day. That is, if you have any leftovers!
If you have a recipe that calls for onion soup you should try swapping the Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking Creamy Herb Chicken soup in it’s place. Be sure to check out more delicious, easy homemade recipes using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking and be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter! I’ll send you a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of the dinner recipes: quick easy on It is a Keeper! Including these:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Dinner recipes: Quick Easy Sausage Tortellini Skillet
Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- 1 pound Italian sausage - casing removed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz container Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Savory Portobello Mushroom
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz dried tortellinin
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook sausage until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and add pasta.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or the length of cooking time indicated on pasta container.
- When you have 5 minutes of cooking time left, add the frozen peas.
- Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and add cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.