The other day, one of my co-workers sent me an email with a list of things we should all do in order to live a happier life. While I don’t usually read these types of emails, I found myself reading this one all the way to end. When I got to the bottom of the list, I realized that all of these things really do make up the blueprint for a happy, fulfilling life.
So, during this time of making (and breaking!) resolutions, I thought I would share these lessons with you!
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2010 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, laugh and smile (everyone will wonder what you’re up to).
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts about things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t overdo. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of their mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too precious and too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away, like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often. And tell them that you love them.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business. So stop worrying about it.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake up alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most person is always happy. So, be happy.
Which of the above guidelines/lessons/resolutions will you commit to?
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
Please, check out some of the other great websites, blogs and recipe swaps that I’ve found. Their links are on the link tab above.