This Pesto Shrimp and Pepperoni Salad is so heart and flavorful, it’s a meal in itself!
Hi! It’s Clare from Happy Eater again bringing you a delicious summer salad recipe! Now that summer is just around the corner, turning on the oven or stove for long periods of time is no longer a pleasant option. A hearty salad is just what we need!
My Pesto Shrimp and Pepperoni Salad recipe is tossed in a homemade lemon garlic vinaigrette, pulling the flavors together to create a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
You’ll love how the pesto, pepperoni, and lemon garlic vinaigrette mix with the veggies to create a fresh summer flavor that will keep you full and happy!
Summer will be here before you know it, so it’s time to start getting creative in the kitchen.
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Pesto Shrimp and Pepperoni Salad
Pesto Shrimp and Pepperoni Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce optional
- 1 lb organic pepperoni slices
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons of of basil pesto divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 1/2 large orange bell peppers sliced
- 5-6 cups large bed of mixed baby greens
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients are well mixed.
- Set aside in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place pepperoni slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until crispy.
- Dab fat with a paper towel and set aside to cool.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Toss shrimp in salt and pepper.
- Cook in skillet until pink all the way through, about three minutes on each side.
- Move to a medium sized mixing bowl and toss with one tablespoon basil pesto.
- Place lettuce in a large mixing or serving bowl. Cover with pico de gallo, bell peppers, and shrimp.
- Crumble pepperoni over salad.
- Pour lemon garlic vinaigrette and remaining basil pesto onto salad and toss.
- Allow salad to chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/