This Summer Vegetable Medley is a light and delicious side dish or lunch.
Hi! I’m Alyssa from the Good. Simple. blog, bringing you a fresh, delicious, and super simple veggie dish that you will want to make over and over again this summer.
Here are some reasons why this recipe is awesome:
1) No cooking required. Who wants to stand in a hot kitchen on a hot summer day?
2) It can be made ahead. The longer the flavors mingle together in the refrigerator, the better it tastes! It’s perfect to take to a BBQ, or to make ahead of time if you’re entertaining at your own home.
3) It looks as good as it tastes. You know how they say we eat with our eyes? This dish is a perfect example of this. There are a variety of veggies that would work well in this medley, but I like to incorporate a rainbow of color to make it look every bit as delicious as it tastes.
4) It’s customizable. Each family’s likes and dislikes are unique, so I’ve offered some suggestions below for ingredients you can either add or substitute to make it your family’s favorite side dish.
In addition to lots of fresh summer veggies, this recipe contains marinated artichokes and hearts of palm. The nice thing about using the artichokes is that the marinade serves as a dressing for the vegetables, eliminating an extra step and making it that much simpler to put together.
This summer vegetable medley will look beautiful on your table this summer, and I guarantee you’ll love it. It’s the perfect accompaniment to any sort of grilled fare, whether it’s hotdogs and hamburgers, grilled fish, or smoked BBQ.
I love creating recipes that are simple AND delicious, so if you’re looking for more dishes like this, come visit me at http://www.goodinthesimple.com
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
SUMMER VEGETABLE MEDLEY
Summer Vegetable Medley
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 oz marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3-4 stalks, hearts of palm, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- For best results, refrigerate for an hour or longer before serving to allow the flavors to combine.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/