This Beer Cheese Spread uses only a few simple ingredients but tastes so good!
What do you get when you combine a deep amber lager with cheddar cheese, onion, garlic and a little heat?
The most delectable concoction known to man.
This stuff is crazy good! In fact, I’d venture to say it’s sublime.
You can serve it on crackers, use it as a dip or slather it on top of a burger (my personal favorite!). Check out my Lager Bacon Burger.
It is also incredible if you make it into a grilled cheese. Pure, unadulterated deliciousness.
Once you make this recipe, you will want it again and again. It’s THAT good!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Beer Cheese Spread
Beer Cheese Spread
- 16 oz smoked white cheddar cheese - shredded
- 16 oz sharp yellow cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1/2 onion - finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 6 oz Lager beer
- Combine cheeses, onion, garlic, Sriracha and cayenne in a bowl.
- Slowly add beer while stirring.
- Season to taste with House Seasoning Blend (or salt and pepper).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or over night.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.