Refreshing mint mixed with sweet blackberries make this lemonade the perfect way to cool down in the summer heat.
Don’t you just love summer time?! The warmer weather, longer days, BBQ’s; I am definitely a girl of summer. My boys are too! The days go by so much smoother when we can wake up and go out and be active instead of being stuck inside until noon or so waiting for it to warm up.
Summertime is also time to get creative when it comes to keeping cool. Water is the best option to keep yourself hydrated but sometimes it can also be so… I don’t know, blah! I need more flavor in my world. If you follow me over on Tastefully Frugal you know I am a huge lemonade fan (check out my LemonBerry Slushes and Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles) and I love adding new flavors to my standard lemonade mix.
A few weeks ago we went out to dinner and I got a blackberry lemonade and it was so good. So when I saw blackberries on sale last week I bought a few boxes and decided to make my own at home. It was really good but it was still pretty sweet; it was missing something.
I wanted to add something that would really make the flavor pop and give it a nice fresh taste. Then I remembered my poor little mint plant that was just about dead. I have a horrible back thumb and kill pretty much any plant that gets within 10 feet of my house. I salvaged a few of the leaves, rubbed them in my hands to release the oils and added them to my drink.
Success! The mint gives this lemonade a nice fresh flavor and is our new favorite way to cool down after a long day at the park.
For more refreshing treats and fun summer ideas follow me over on Pinterest.
What’s your favorite flavor of lemonade?
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Blackberry Mint Lemonade
Blackberry Mint Lemonade
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup blackberries
- 6-8 leaves mint - more for garnish
- In a large pitcher add blackberries and use a muddle (or wooden spoon) to mash berries.
- Add water, lemon juice and sugar and stir well to combine.
- Rub mint leaves in between your hands to release oils and place in pitcher.
- Stir to combine.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.