This Quick Avocado Snack is healthy, light and ready in under 5 minutes!
Hi! It’s me Sarah from Life Love & Thyme! Today I wanted to bring you my MOST favorite snack right now! It’s super easy and super yummy! It also gives me so much energy.
It’s the perfect afternoon snack!
Living in south and central Texas for the last 20 years, avocados have become a mainstay of my diet. I actually have to try and limit myself to 1 a day!
I also love the taste of dijon mustard with avocado (check out my Avocado Shrimp Salad Recipe).
Not only is this an easy and delicious (and fast) treat, but it’s also full of healthy fats to boost your brain much better than a sugary snack.
I know you’re thinking…but aren’t avocados fat and we shouldn’t eat fat??? They are and you should! Your brain actually needs fat to work at it’s highest level. I try to incorporate a half an avocado into each day…and would love to encourage you too to!
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
Avocado Chicken Salad
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Quick Avocado Snack
Quick Avocado Snack
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Cut the avocado in half.
- Place the teaspoon of olive oil in the center of the avocado.
- Place the teaspoon of Dijon mustard in the center of the avocado.
- You can mix them all together with a fork or just dip each bite in the oil and mustard.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.