These light and fluffy corn pancakes are a delicious twist on traditional pancakes and perfect for brunch!
I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #PanFan
Most days, we are rushed in the morning. Whether it’s getting ready for work, school or various activities, we rarely have time to sit down to enjoy breakfast together.
However, in our house, Sunday morning is all about pancakes. It’s the one day where we can all sit down together and enjoy a lazy brunch together.
We aren’t early risers so our breakfasts turn into brunch.
It’s our time to chat about our weekend and plan for the day ahead. It’s quiet and peaceful and full of good food.
I usually make my great-grandmother’s pancake recipe but this past week, I decided to try these Corn Pancakes.
To make the recipe, I used P.A.N. Cornmeal. It’s a must-have pantry staple in my kitchen.
P.A.N. Cornmeal is the number one cornmeal in South America and has been around for many years. Only recently has it been making its way into American kitchens.
You can find lots of quick and easy recipes from P.A.N. Cornmeal here.
These pancakes are quick and easy to make. I used the simple process of mixing the dry ingredients together in one bowl, the wet ingredients together in another bowl and then I just mixed them together.
The batter was thick so I used a spatula to spread it out a bit on the griddle.
You would think these pancakes would be heavy, but they were far from it. They were light and fluffy. But my favorite part, was the texture from the corn meal. The little bit of crispy bite. Pancake perfection!
And, my family loved them, too. I think we have a new family favorite in our house!
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Light & Fluffy Corn Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour batter onto a lightly greased hot griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.