This easy 2 Minute Multi-Grain Hot Cereal is an easy and healthy breakfast recipe perfect for busy mornings.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. All opinions are 100% mine.
Confession time….I am so lazy when it comes to breakfast. As much as like to cook, I’m not a fan of cooking breakfast because, well to be honest, it’s in the morning. I am very much NOT a morning person.
I tend to usually stick to the basics…toast, cold cereal or a yogurt.
I was blown away by how versatile these rice cups are. Using this printable as inspiration, I whipped up the 2 Minute Multi-Grain Hot Cereal.
While this recipe is called 2 Minute Hot Cereal it only took 1 Minute to make. I built in a little buffer just to be safe. What’s a minute in the grand scheme of things?!
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is an ideal portable solution for a quick lunch or really any meal, because you can eat it on-the-go, straight from the cup or mix it up with your favorite ingredients.
Keep Minute® Ready to Serve Rice in your office snack drawer for easy, wholesome desktop dining or snacking on the fly. It’s a versatile product that can be eaten for any meal occasion, from breakfast to dessert to a quick pre or post workout snack.
Just peel back to the top and pop it in the microwave for 60 seconds and you’ll have perfectly cooked rice. You can eat it on its own or, you can plus it up with a few other favorite ingredients you have on hand. It’s perfect for lunch or a quick snack.
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is available in many varieties including: Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley, Jasmine Rice, White Rice, Chicken Rice Mix, Yellow Rice Mix, and Fried Rice Mix.
I used Minute® Ready to Serve Multi-Grain Medley. It’s a blend of six 100% whole grains including brown rice, quinoa, barley, oats, wheat and rye. It’s perfect for breakfast!
This was incredibly easy and delicious! I’ve made it quite a few times already (I’m such a creature of habit).
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
2 Minute Multi-Grain Hot Cereal
- 1 Minute® Ready to Serve Multi-Grain Medley single serving pack
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- Sprinkling of cinnamon
- Fresh fruit - berries or nuts (optional)
- Prepare Minute® Ready to Serve Multi-Grain Medley single serving pack according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the milk, brown sugar and vanilla; stir to combine.
- When rice is ready, add it to milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Add additional milk if desired.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and fresh fruit or nuts.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.