This past weekend, my guys were away at STEM Cub Scout camp. While they were roughing it in tents by a campfire, I was planning the perfect me-weekend!
In preparation for my night-in, I headed to my local Walmart to purchase my supplies.
Checklist for perfect me-weekend:
- Delicious dinner…CHECK!
- Comfy jammies…CHECK!
- Lotion, potions and polish for home mani/pedi…CHECK, CHECK and CHECK!
- Indulgent treat…CHECK!
- Great movie….CHECK!
I chose Pitch Perfect 2 for my movie. Head to Walmart to grab the exclusive Pitch Perfect 2 Blu-Ray/Soundtrack combo pack. Soundtrack includes some of your favorite songs from Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2 (while supplies last).
I popped in the soundtrack while I was getting everything ready. Thank heavens I don’t live on a busy street…my neighbors definitely didn’t need to see (or hear!) my signing and dancing!
In honor of the Bellas and all of their shenanigans, I made Peach-Perfect ice cream. Get it….peach…perfect…yeah, I know it was lame.
I used my recipe for traditional vanilla ice cream – which is the best homemade ice cream recipe, by the way. At the end, I added some diced, fresh peaches and stuck it in the freezer.
It turned out peach perfect! (OK, I really need to stop this!)
Looking for More Frozen Treats?
Looking for more? Check out all of the Summer Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Fresh Peach Ice Cream (best homemade ice cream recipe)
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh peaches peeled and diced
- In a mixer, combine the milk, sugar and salt until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour chilled mixture into ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Stir in peaches.
- Serve immediately or, if you prefer firmer ice cream, chill in the freezer to get desired consistency.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ThePitchesatWMT http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”