Presented by Prego®. All opinions are my own.
These Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells are a hearty and easy weeknight meal idea.
This week I received one of the best compliments I could get.
My son had a friend over for dinner. When his mother dropped him off, I told her we were having these Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells for dinner and asked if that would be all right (I wanted to make sure he didn’t have any allergies, etc.).
She said, “I”m not sure if he’ll eat that, but don’t worry. He ate a little before we left the house.”
To be honest, I wasn’t feeling very confident that he would eat it.
Fast forward to dinner. When I called the kids in from outside, the first thing the little boy said was, “Wow! Something smells great!” We were off to a good start.
When I asked him how many shells he wanted, he asked what was in the them. After hearing broccoli, he hesitantly said he would try one. Again, I wasn’t feeling very confident.
But, before I finished serving everyone else, he had already asked for more. Score! And when his mother came to pick him up, she was impressed that he had eaten them… and liked it!
You know a recipe is good when there aren’t any leftovers. Everyone loved these stuffed shells!
These are the perfect prep-ahead meal. You can assemble them earlier in the day (or even the day before) and bake them when you’re ready to eat them. This makes busy weeknights so much easier.
To make the filling, I used shredded cooked chicken that I had in the freezer (you can even use a rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from a previous meal) and added chopped broccoli that I cooked in the same pot as the pasta – why use another pot?!
Then I stirred in parmesan cheese and Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce.
Prego Italian sauces are rich in flavor and made with real ingredients you can see, taste and smell. They take the stress out of meal prep and allow you to spend more time with your family.
Prego has been around since 1981. When they say “It’s in there!”, they really mean it. Just look at the herbs and spices in the photo above. You can almost see the flavor in the rich sauce!
I always keep a few jars in my pantry during the week for easy meal options like these stuffed shells.
So here’s the recipe! I hope your family enjoys them!
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 oz jar Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce, 22
- 1 cup 6 Cheese Italian Blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 pound large pasta shells, prepared
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, and 1 cup of Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce.
- Prepare shells according to package directions.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of filling into each shell; place shell in the prepared baking dish.
- Once all shells are in the baking dish, pour remaining sauce on top of shells and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese melts.