Easy to throw together and with no mess these Spicy Lemon Foil Fish Dinners are perfect for busy weeknights and completely customizable for picky eaters.
With the crazy busy holiday season upon us I know I tend to get really frazzled trying to fit in cooking dinner with all of the other activities going on. When things get hectic like this I turn to my trusty slow cooker and really simple meals during the week and I love taking advantage of all the sales on citrus fruits. There is something about lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruits that just scream warmth to me.
Foil dinners are fantastic because there are no cooking implements to clean up. Just open up the foil packets slide the food onto your plate and throw the foil away! Plus there are so many different variations that you can make and they are easy to customize each packet per each person’s preferences. I just make sure to write with a sharpie whose is whose as I seal them up so I can distribute them correctly when they are done baking. My husband was extra spicy with lots of veggies, my kids were potato heavy with no spice, and mine was heavy on the veggies with medium spice. Everyone gets to walk away happy
I stuck with a simple white fish like tilapia for these but really any white fish will pair well with the red pepper and lemon. Pair these with green beans, Orange-Scented Quinoa, and Breadmaker Garlic Bread for a really filling dinner.
And if you don’t have a breadmaker I would totally recommend getting one. I use mine at least once a week and it is perfect to use alongside a slow cooker. There is nothing like hot food and warm bread ready to go as soon as you walk through the door to really make you relax and be able to enjoy the season’s festivities.
If you’re not a fish person but love citrus fruits like me then try my Orange and Lemon Slow Cooker Turkey as an alternative.
So happy eating, and NO CLEANING!
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Spicy Lemon Fish Foil Dinner
- 2 lbs white fish like tilapia
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow or green pepper sliced
- 4-6 medium sized red or yellow potatoes optional
- 4 lemons 2 thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- Red Pepper flakes
- Granulated Garlic
- Cut 8 pieces of tin foil about 1 foot long. Pair the pieces of foil up so you have 4 sets of 2.
- Place one portion of fish one each set of foil. Top with the desired amount of veggies.
- Place 2 slices of lemon in each packet and squeeze the juice from 1/2 of a lemon over the contents.
- Lightly season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic (about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp), and red pepper flakes (about 1/4-1 tsp for very spicy).
- Carefully seal packets and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Fish should flake easily with a fork.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/