This Italian Green Beans Recipe is an easy and delicious vegetable side dish.
Hi! I’m Susanne from New South Charm and today I’m sharing a great side dish, Italian Green Beans are simple enough for everyday, but fancy enough for company or even the upcoming holidays.
Green beans are my favorite vegetable. We probably eat them at my house twice a week. One of the reasons I like them so much is that they are versatile. Just add a couple simple ingredients and they have a totally different flavor.
I like to use fresh green beans for this recipe. If you use fresh green beans you’ll need to wash them throughly and then trim the ends.
When I can’t find fresh I buy frozen. If you are using frozen green beans be sure to defrost them first. The easiest way to defrost the green beans is to soak them in a bowl of warm water for about 15 minutes.Then pat them dry with a towel.
To prepare the cherry tomatoes simply wash and pat dry. Then slice in half with a Paring knife.
Place green beans and tomatoes in a large bowl. Then with add four finally minced cloves of garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss it all together using your hands.
Transfer everything to a cookie sheet making sure it is spread out evenly. Place in a preheated oven and roast the vegetables for 12 to 17 minutes. You’ll know they are done with the green beans start to turn a golden brown.
Just a little tip: line the cookie sheet with foil for easy clean up. The oil and cheese can get pretty messy. No one likes to spend time scrubbing dishes.
What is your favorite way to prepare green beans? I’d love to hear your suggestions. Leave a note in the comments below and let me know.
Italian Green Beans
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes - sliced in half
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place green beans and sliced tomatoes in a large bowl and add olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese
- Toss ingredients together until mixed evenly
- Spread green beans on baking sheet
- Bake for 12-17 minutes or until cheese melts and green beans are slightly golden brown.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.