This Dulce de Leche French Toast Casserole is an easy make ahead breakfast recipe.
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Folgers. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Whether you it’s a busy morning on the go or a lazy Sunday brunch, this Dulce de Leche French Toast Casserole is perfect! Let’s face it, most mornings I don’t have much time to get my family ready and out the door. Breakfast is usually something quick that can be gobbled up fast.
This french toast casserole is the perfect busy morning recipe. You assemble the casserole the night before you plan to eat it then stash it in the fridge until the morning. Then just bake it off. Or, if you want to save even more time in the morning, you can even bake it the night before and just reheat the portion you want in the morning.
But, if you have a little extra time, pull up a chair, help yourself to a generous portion and drizzle that ooey, gooey caramel sauce all over the thing.
This Dulce de Leche French Toast Casserole is decadent and delicious – the perfect wake-you-up treat! The custard is infused with the caramel-y flavor of Dulce de Leche.
I like it drizzled with caramel sauce, but you can also use Maple syrup or just top with some powdered sugar. Any way you top it, it’s going to be amazing.
Regardless of how much time you have, this french toast goes great with Folgers Flavors.
Folgers Flavors are concentrated flavor enhancers available in a convenient, portable squeeze containers. They can be used at home or on-the-go. Because they don’t require refrigeration, you can keep them in your desk drawer or bag for a flavor shot any time of the day.
My husband and I can ever agree on which flavor of coffee to make. Folders Flavors put us in control of our own java. I love that I can add as little or as much as I want to make my own flavored coffee.
Folgers Flavors are available in four delicious flavors: Hazelnut, Vanilla, Mocha and Caramel. You can use them in hot or iced coffee and you can even mix flavors to come up with your own signature concoction. There’s something for everyone to #RemixYourCoffee experience.
Check out this fun video from YouTube sensation Mike Tompkins. He’s put his unique spin on the iconic Folgers jingle and created an original a capella Folgers remix mash-up.
Want to win 2 free samples of Folgers Flavors? Leave me a comment and let me know which flavor would be your favorite! Deadline is November 10, 2015. Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central.
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Dulce de Lech French Toast Casserole
Dulce de Leche French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf Texas toast - cut into cubes, not the frozen kind
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dulce de Leche
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk and dulce de leche together.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread; cover and chill over night.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- Serve with drizzled caramel.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.