Looking for a way to take a repeat-dinner to the next level? Instead of plain old bread and butter, fill that bread basket with Cheesy Texas Toast! So easy to do and it makes the “same old – same old” special again.
Quite recently I opted to serve Texas toast alongside spaghetti and meatballs. We love pasta with sauce and have it often. I had already prepared Spaghetti Pie Casserole just days before but hadn’t tired of sauce. Come to think of it, we had just had our favorite Chicken Chilindron, too. How was I going to sell the family on sauce again so soon? I thought. “Oh yes, Cheesy Texas Toast will do it! And it did.
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Cheesy Texas Toast
- inches Italian bread sliced thick 1 - 2
- 1/2 stick butter softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley flakes
- Place 8 slices of cut Italian bread on a baking sheet.
- Cream butter with a fork.
- Add garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Blend well.
- Spread butter on each slice, generously.
- Sprinkle lightly with parsley flakes and a little more Parmesan cheese.
- Place oven rack close to the top (2nd from the top so it doesn't burn)
- Broil till golden brown about 2 minutes.
- TIP: Keep an eye on them. They can go from brown to burnt very quickly.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/