These Lemon Pecan Sandwich Cookies are bright, buttery and decadent. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite cookie recipes.
Tis the season to bake cookies! This year, I teamed up with several fabulous bloggers to host the 2015 Christmas Cookie Swap.
Hop over to the other hosts of the cookie swap to find even more deliciousness:
Here’s how the swap worked. All of the bloggers participating were paired up. We sent each other one of our favorite cookie recipes to bake and share with you. I was paired up with Sheryl from The Lady Behind the Curtain. She sent me her Lemon Pecan Sandwich Cookie recipe.
These cookies are incredible! I loved the bright, lemony flavor of the filling and the light, shortbread like cookie. The pecan bits and lemon zest throughout the cookie really took it over the top.
These cookies would make a great addition to any gathering or cookie platter.
Thank you, Sheryl, for a great recipe that I’ll definitely be making again and again.
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Lemon Pecan Sandwich Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 1/2 oz lemon curd
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
For the Lemon Pecan Cookies:
- In a large bowl, beat butter and lemon zest until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, confectioners, sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the dry ingredients, heavy cream, vanilla and pecans to butter mixture.
- Beat until dough is well combined and forms a ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly flour work surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter to form cookies.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set but not browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.
For the Lemon Filling:
- Add butter and cream cheese to bowl of a mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add lemon curd and lemon extract; beat until combined.
- Add confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time; beat until desired consistency.
- Using an off set spatula, add about one tablespoon of frosting to one side of a cookie; top with another cookie.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
For more Cookie Swap Recipes, check out these…