These Cinnamon Ornaments are an easy Christmas craft for kids that has only 3 ingredients.
During the holidays, I like to come up with something that my little guy can give as gifts to family members, teachers and other special people. Through the years, we’ve made a number of fun crafts. However, these easy Cinnamon Ornaments are definitely my favorite.
Because they use only three ingredients, they are super easy to make. My little guy loved rolling them out, cutting them into his favorite shapes and decorating them.
And, they smell fantastic! My whole house smelled like cinnamon while we were making them.
I was looking for a clever way to package the ornaments and decided to attach them to bags of gourmet coffee. It’s an easy and thoughtful holiday gift for the coffee lovers in your life.
I’ll let you in a little secret too…if you want to wow your guests with an amazing cup of coffee, add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon to your coffee grounds before brewing a pot of coffee. It adds a great, subtle flavor to your coffee.
Easy Cinnamon Ornaments
- 1 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon craft glue such as Elmer's
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined.
- Place dough between 2 layers of plastic wrap and roll out to 1/4 thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out your favorite shapes.
- Place cut outs on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use a drinking straw to poke a hole near the top of each cut out.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Decorate using glitter glue, sequins or other adornments.
6 thoughts on “Easy Cinnamon Ornaments”
Nice. Did it without glue waiting to see how they come out. Whole house smells like cinnamon. Also did 220°F for 2 hours
Thanks for sharing! I love the way the house smells when we make these!
How many ornaments does this make?
It depends on the size of the cookie cutters you use.
Perfect recipe! My kids and I had so much fun making these! The house smells awesome!
I’m so glad! I love the way it makes everything smell!