These Berry Morning Muffins are a fruity and delicious easy breakfast recipe.
In the winter months, my morning routine of a berry smoothie doesn’t sound so appealing. Something warm and hearty, like these Berry Morning Muffins, is a much better fit. Filled with oatmeal and juicy berries, they’re the perfect comfort food for chilly mornings.
Since you use frozen berries in this recipe, you can actually make them any time of year. Be sure and keep the berries frozen right up until you add them to the batter. That way, they stay whole and don’t discolor the batter.
How do you like to start a cold winter morning?
BERRY MORNING MUFFINS
Berry Morning Muffins
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 cups frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a muffin tin with liners or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients, including the sugar.
- In a larger bowl, combine the egg, vanilla, milk and oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix just until moistened.
- Gently mix the frozen berries into the batter. Do not overmix, or the berries will bleed.
- Pour batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to continue cooling.