This post is sponsored by StarKist®, but opinions are all my own.
This Buffalo Tuna Chopped Salad is an easy and delicious salad that takes just minutes to make.
The time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s is crazy busy. Between the holiday preparations, get-togethers and holiday meals, it’s easy to overindulge. I know I did.
During those crazy months, we were eating out more, binging on cookies and sweets, and snacking more than we should. But now that the holidays are behind us, I’m eager to get back to our “normal” eating routine. This includes a simple breakfast, a light lunch and a homemade dinner.
Usually, I try to have a salad for lunch. It’s easy to put together and I can eat while I’m working without it getting cold.
But let’s face it, salads can get boring. I often find myself in a lunchtime rut. Until now, that is. I came up with this Buffalo Tuna Chopped Salad, and it is incredible. It’s packed with big, bold flavors and very satisfying.
I love chopped salads. I love how all of the components are chopped into teeny, tiny, bite-sized pieces. It makes it so much easier to eat (especially when you’re using one hand for typing and the other for eating).
For the base of the salad, I used my favorite salad greens. It’s a mix of lettuce, baby spinach, baby kale and cabbage. I chop them up into small pieces and store them in a zipper bag in the fridge. If you place one or two paper towels in the bag it will help keep your greens from turning brown.
But you can easily use pre-cut salad greens from the grocery store. That makes it even easier.
Next, I add all of the toppings. I start with a StarKist Tuna Creations® Hot Buffalo Style pouch. It’s one of StarKist®‘s five new flavors in the single-serving pouches. There’s Tuna Creations® Hot Buffalo Style, Kid’s Creations® Honey BBQ Tuna, Kid’s Creations® Bacon Ranch Tuna, Salmon Creations® Lemon Dill and Salmon Creations® Mango Chipotle. These join the other tasty options in the StarKist Creations™ line: Ranch, Lemon Pepper, Sweet & Spicy, Herb & Garlic and Hickory Smoked.
Each pouch has 15 grams of protein and 70 calories. I love that it comes in a handy, single-serving pouch that doesn’t need to be refrigerated. They are perfect to grab and go or keep stashed in your desk drawer. And you don’t need to drain the pouches—just grab a fork, tear open and enjoy!
Did I mention the incredible flavor? The Buffalo style packed a bit of heat, but I didn’t find it too overwhelming. It was just enough to give this chopped salad a spicy punch. I also added crumbled bleu cheese and finely diced celery.
Lastly, I topped the entire salad off with a little bit of my homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing which added a nice balance to the Hot Buffalo Style flavor.
This chopped salad is my new go-to for lunch. I’ve made it several times this week already.
Buffalo Tuna Chopped Salad
Buffalo Tuna Chopped Salad
- 2 cups salad greens - chopped
- 1 oz Starkist Tuna Creations® Hot Buffalo Style Pouch - 2.6
- 1/4 cup celery - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Bleu Cheese Dressing
- In a large bowl, add salad greens, tuna, celery and bleu cheese crumbles. Top with desired amount of dressing.
- Toss to combine all of the ingredients.
- Transfer to serving bowl or plate.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.