I love an easy slow cooker meal, especially the ones where the prep is just “dumping” the ingredients in. Don’t you? We eat crockpot meals year-round, so it’s not just soups and stews in the winter time.
This Slow Cooker Garlic Thyme Chicken is great in the spring when you want delicious chicken without turning on the oven. It pairs well with rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes, or anything that can soak up the yummy sauce.
The prep on this dinner recipe is so simple, just mix everything (but the chicken) in a bowl, and pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
It comes out juicy and tender, and if you’d like to add an extra step–I’m not always in the mood depending on how busy our dinner hour is–you can take the remaining juice out of the crock and heat it in a saucepan on the stove to reduce to a thicker sauce.
Looking for more easy slow cooker recipes? Try my 5 Beginner Crockpot Meals. Each one has just a few ingredients and is a part of our regular meal rotation for my family of five.
Another fave (but with a little more prep time) is Slow Cooker Pork Ragu and Fettuccine.
What is your favorite easy slow cooker meal?
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Slow Cooker Garlic Thyme Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Spray the bottom of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then layer in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken reaches 165 degrees on a food thermometer.
- If desired, remove chicken from crock and pour remaining juices into small saucepan. Reduce the liquid by bringing to a rolling boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce over chicken.