This Nutty Granola recipe makes the perfect addition to a Mother’s Day gift basket.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and I’ve been developing a gift idea for the moms in my life. I don’t know one mom who wouldn’t enjoy having a day where she could be pampered. Doesn’t that sound divine? Just a day to relax, do what I want, and have someone else cook, watch the kids, and clean the house. How about creating a pamper basket for your mom or wife including her favorite foods and other fun items for her to enjoy? I know this would be the perfect gift for me.
Here are some gift ideas that will get you thinking about what you could put in a basket for your mom, wife, and grandmother.
Flowers are always a good addition. Choose some of her favorites to add some beauty to her surroundings.
Having control of the TV Remote is a rarity for moms. Adding it to her basket will make her so happy.
Comfy Socks are a necessity when pampering mom.
A favorite Book or Magazine will always be loved.
Food is always a must. Think of her favorites. In my basket I put:
- Cheddar popcorn for her movie watching.
- Crusty bread and spreadable cheese for an easy lunch.
- Strawberries and blueberries for breakfast or any time.
- Chocolate, of course.
- Favorite drinks
- I included some yummy granola because it’s great to eat alone or with milk, in yogurt, or on top of ice cream. It’s so versatile that I thought any mom would love it.
Nutty Granola Recipe
- 5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- ¾ Cup Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- ¾ Cup Sliced Almonds
- ¾ Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Coconut Flakes
- ⅓ Cup Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray two cookie sheets or jelly roll pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans, cranberries, and coconut.
- Combine oil, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, and applesauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and drizzle over oat mixture and toss well.
- Spread on your prepared cookie sheets or jelly roll pans.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown about 45 minutes.
- Let granola cool.and store in an airtight container.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
I would love to hear your ideas for a Mother’s Day pamper basket. Please leave them in the comments below. Here are some other gift ideas.