Roasted Vegetables – Provencal Style

This post may contain affiliate links.  For more information, read my disclosure policy here

One night, we had dinner at my Uncle Carmen’s house and he made THE BEST roasted vegetables.  I couldn’t get enough.  I had seconds…and then I had thirds!  They were THAT good! Uncle Carmen and I are both lovers of all things food.  We talk about recipes and cooking and techniques.  He’s a great cook and we are always swapping recipes.   So, I managed to get his recipe for these heavenly roasted vegetables provencal style  and now I’m going to share it with you!

Is It a Keeper?

These.  Are.  Good.  Soooo good!  Even my husband, who is very picky on the vegetables that he eats, LOVES these!  See those really “dark” pieces in the photo above?  Those are his favorite ones — he picks them all out of the bowl!  I love how they are slightly crispy on the outside.  Tender on the inside.  And, oh so flavorful!  I also love how roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the veggies.  You’ve gotta try these!

Oh, and for the record, I’ve tried this recipe using other veggies too.  I’ve added sweet potatoes — yum!  And, I also sliced up a fennel bulb – double yum!  I really liked the licorice-y flavor of the fennel!  This is definitely a recipe you can play around with — try different things.  Whatever tickles your fancy.

Definitely a keeper!  A great staple recipe!

Christina

If you like this post, be sure to stay connected by signing up for my email feed in the box on the right and following me!

I’ve shared this recipe on a number of websites, blogs and recipe swaps that I’ve found. Please check out these sites on the link tab above.

And, make sure to come back for my It’s a Keeper Thursday recipe and craft blog hop!

30 thoughts on “Roasted Vegetables – Provencal Style”

1. I LUV parsnips 😀 It’s this thing I have, also like cabbage-just to snack on – like the crunch and the sweetness. This recipe sounds yummy! Spotted your name at Monday Mingle and thought I’d visit-glad I did. Hope you can stop by http://www.wynniebee.com and say hello.

2. What a wonderful blog! I’m so glad to have found you (through I love my online friends monday hop)! I am now a follower on GFC and networked blogs.

3. I found you through Mom Blog Monday and am so excited to see all of your yummy recipes! I will definitely be back for your link ups 🙂

I am following you now and would love it if you swung by my blog sometime (What I Live For)

4. Hi..I’m Barb…I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I am also just starting at Facebook & would really appreciate your creative support by becoming a “Fan” & “Like” it. Thanks so much!!
    Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

5. I love roasting vegetables! It’s also so forgiving, and like your husband, I love the dark, crispy ones! Roasting seems to give the veggies a more intense flavor. Delicious!

6. I have been trying for weeks to download your recipes but to no avail. They pop up on the screen and then they disappear.
    Please help

• The print feature does not play nicely with Internet Explorer. If you try Mozilla Firefox (as your browser) it should work. I don’t know why the module works like that, but I’ve tried everything to find one that works for both web browsers. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I hope this helps.

7. Wow! I can tell I’ll be leaving your site hungry every time I visit! I’m your newest follower from Mingle Monday. I’d love for you to follow back at Homeschooling by the Yard

8. I make roasted vegetables all the time. I haven’t roasted parsnips though but will definitely try them! I love how roasting brings out the sweetness in the vegetables. I roast cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onions and even roast romaine lettuce. I use the same recipe Carmen does……..olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. I will have to pick up Herbs de Provence.