This Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn is the perfect summer time snack. It comes together in no time and is chock full of good-for-you ingredients.
This post is sponsored by Produce for Kids and Price Chopper. All opinions are 100% my own.
The summer season has barely started and already my son has turned into a snacking machine. It seems like he is always hungry. Instead of filling the pantry and fridge with processed junk food, I like to keep a good variety of better-for-you snacks on hand for those times when he’s starrrrrrrrrrrving! (Written in my best whining voice.)
This Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn is the perfect summer time snack. It comes together in no time and is chock full of good-for-you stuff, like dried cherries and pistachios. This recipe was created by Produce for Kids and Price Chopper. The healthy eating-focused Produce for Kids campaign with Price Chopper launches June 13 and will run through July 24.
It will raise funds for local Feeding America food banks and offer Price Chopper shoppers healthy meal solutions, recipes and tips. This year marks Price Chopper 10th year encouraging healthy eating through the Produce for Kids campaign. Last year’s campaign was able to supply more than 74,888 meals* to local families in need. And, since 2007, Price Chopper has raised more than $165,000 for local charities that help children and families.
Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn Recipe
Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons Setton Farms pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread pecans single layer on baking sheet and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and bake 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and aromatic. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Mix popcorn, pecans, pistachios, dried fruit and cinnamon in large mixing bowl.
- Microwave peanut butter in heat-safe measuring cup on MEDIUM 30 seconds, or until thinned.
- Pour peanut butter over popcorn and stir.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe was originally shared on ProduceforKids.com.