This easy Skillet Balsamic Chicken recipe is full of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes.
Just because you have a busy schedule you don’t have to settle for boring dinners. This Skillet Balsamic Chicken is anything but boring. And, it’s ready in under 30 minutes so it’s perfect for busy days.
Boneless, skinless chicken breast is a staple in my house. I buy the thin cutlets that are already trimmed of all fat from my butcher.
These cutlets are one of my secret weapons for quick dinners. I always have some in the freezer, ready for a quick meal.They thaw in no time and cook up super fast.
In keeping with the same concept, I came up with this Skillet Balsamic Chicken. Everything is done in one skillet and ready in under 30 minutes.
This recipe is oozing with flavor from the sweet balsamic vinegar, earthy mushrooms and savory thyme. I served it with my favorite Parmesan Orzo. It soaked up all of the extra sauce from the chicken and was to die for!
This recipe is simple enough for a busy weeknight but elegant enough to serve to company. It’s definitely a keeper to me!
More Recipes You Might Like
- 4 pounds thin sliced boneless chicken breasts, about 1½
- House Seasoning Blend
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Season both sides of the chicken with House Seasoning Blend.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook on one side until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook for 3 more minutes; remove chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and heat until shimmering.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until they soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the vinegar, broth, wine, bay leaf and thyme to the skillet; place the chicken in the pan, nestling it into the mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on medium-high for 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Stir in butter until melted; serve immediately.