This Honey Cornbread Chicken is an oven baked chicken with a crispy crunch.
Can you believe that summer is almost over already? Today I saw some “Back to School” signage and I was hit with a reality check. That officially means “fun in the sun” season is almost over. (even though I have sun almost year round but the thought of summer does go away)
So to stick to making sure you have more time to enjoy the dwindling season, I present you with a quick and easy dinner recipe for some honey cornbread chicken. An easy baked chicken meal that’s not fried but sure mimics that traditional fried chicken.
Do you have a Publix supermarket in your area? I love Publix. It’s a very popular grocery chain in South Florida. I love that they have started giving dinner ideas on cards in the grocery that you can easily grab, and shop and go home and make dinner.
This chicken is a product of Publix and their recipes.
This chicken takes a little prep work and some baking. I love that you get to use pre-packaged goods to help with the “quick” dinner so you can spend more time hanging out.
This can be served with some macaroni pie, or a quick salad.
Are you ready for summer to be over? I’m not!!! I still need time to drink some more fruit punch, and lemonades and blueberry caipiroskas. I need 4 more beach trips and late evening get togethers. I’m trying to hang out to Summer to the end!! You should too!
Honey Cornbread Chicken
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- If cornbread mix has large chunks crush them down.
- Rub seasoning onto chicken evenly (use more seasoning if needed)
- Grease a dish to bake chicken
- Melt butter with honey and brush chicken with about half of the honey/butter
- Take cornbread and coat chicken
- Add chicken to baking dish and drizzle remaining butter mixture over chicken
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes (or until chicken gets to 165 degrees and a nice golden brown)
- Take out of oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/