This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
These Roasted White Peaches with Ice Cream and honeycomb make a great easy dessert recipe.
Whether you need to make dessert a dinner party or are craving something sweet, there is nothing like fresh fruit and creamy ice cream. I love using fruits that are in-season and at the peak of freshness.
This recipe uses fresh white peaches, which are roasted with a touch of sugar and lemon. Roasting the peaches brings out their natural flavor and juiciness. Simply place peach halves in a small amount of water and roast in the oven.
Once they’re roasted, the peaches are sweet, succulent and have a slight crispy lemony coating from the lemon-sugar.
The warm peaches are served alongside creamy Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and topped with a homemade honeycomb.
My family loves Breyers ice cream. It has a quality and taste that we can trust.
I love that Breyers is committed to high quality ingredients – a promise that has been on Breyers packages for more than 100 years.
Breyers Natural Vanilla is made with fresh cream, milk and sugar. This means, all Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans and Breyers only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones*.
This year, Breyers is celebrating its 150th birthday! To help celebrate, they have partnered with celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone, to create 12 recipes featuring Breyers Natural Vanilla, inspired by every month of the year, to give families a way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions with Breyers all year long.
This recipe for Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream is the featured recipe for July.
Roasted White Peaches & Ice Cream
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 lemon zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant and moist.
- Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Pour 2/3 cup water into dish.
- Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F.
- Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble.
- Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool.
- Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon 1/2 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls.
- Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices.
- Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.