These decadent Maple Bacon French Toast Rolls make a great breakfast or dessert recipe!
Now, before I go on, I want to disclose that this recipe is not for the faint of heart (or those who are watching their waistline). While these aren’t fat free, gluten free, sugar free or low carb, I can promise you that they are ah-mazing! Remember, this is a treat – not something we indulge in every day.
Now that we’re all on the same page, let me tell you about this recipe….
One of the most popular (and easiest) recipes on It Is a Keeper are these Easy Cinnamon Roll Ups. My son always requests them for a special treat.
Since August is Bacon Month, I thought I would try to incorporate BACON into the recipe. The result are these over-the-top Maple Bacon French Toast Rolls.
My son actually named them because they reminded him of french toast sticks.
The recipe starts with plain, white sandwich bread that is rolled super duper thin.
Then you slather on the maple cream cheese filling and top it with crispy cooked bacon.
The entire thing gets rolled up, dipped in butter and covered in cinnamon and sugar.
There are two things that make this recipe da bomb….
- BACON! That’s a no-brainer. Bacon makes everything better. (Can I get an amen?!?)
- Real maple syrup. And, by real, I mean the stuff that comes from trees. Not pancake syrup that you buy in the grocery store. This is the good stuff…that actually tastes like maple. It’s worth it…trust me!
These two things in combination are what takes this recipe over the top.
And, to kick those flavors up a notch, I served the rolls with crumbled bacon on top and some extra maple syrup for dipping.
See…I told you these weren’t for the faint of heart! I feel my blood sugar spiking just talking about them.
These Maple Bacon French Toast Rolls are a fantastic way to celebrate Bacon Month…or a random Tuesday.
Last year, I shared these recipes during Bacon Month:
For all of you bacon addicts out there, as part of Bacon Month we are sharing bacon recipes every Tuesday and Friday in August. So stay tuned – there’s lots more bacon-y deliciousness to come! Here are some of the other bacon recipes being shared today:
Cheesy Jalapeño Bacon Meatballs from Hey Grill, Hey
Bacon Alfredo Tortellini from Kleinworth & Co.
Bacon S’mores from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Dip from Bread Booze Bacon
Maple Bacon French Toast Rolls from It Is A Keeper
More Recipes You Might Like
- Nutella Cinnamon Roll Ups
- Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Ups
- Peanut Butter Roll Ups
- No Knead Easy Dinner Rolls
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Maple Bacon French Toast Rolls
- 16 slices white sandwich bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup, not pancake syrup
- 16 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- Trim the crusts off of the bread.
- Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and mix until combined; set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on one flattened bread slice; leaving 1/8 in border on all sides.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Roll up the bread, jelly roll-style.
- Dip in melted butter and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture until fully coated (making sure to coat the ends of each roll).
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Bake rolls at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with extra maple syrup for dipping.