This Grilled Fruit Salad with Lemon Mint Sauce is an easy grilled dessert recipe is light and fresh.
*This post was sponsored by Nordic Ware. I received product in exchange for my honest review. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
During the warm, summer months the fresh fruit is incredible. There is so much to choose from at local farmer’s markets and grocery stores. I love coming up with recipes that take advantage of this sweet abundance.
I was able to get my hands on some gorgeous, fresh summer peaches, plums and berries. One of my favorite ways to prepare stone fruits like peaches and plums is to grill them.
The heat caramelizes the natural sugars in the fruit making them even sweeter and the heat from the grill softens the flesh. The result is a sweet, warm, smoky treat.
This fruit salad uses peaches, plums, strawberries and blueberries. Then, I whipped up a minted lemon yogurt sauce to drizzle on top. The sauce is fresh and bright and really makes the fruit salad come alive.
Grilling fruit is relatively easy. I usually just slice the fruit in half, remove the pits and grill it. However, for a fruit salad, where you need smaller pieces of fruit, grilling can be a little tricky.
The smaller fruit segments can easily slip between the grill grates or, because there are so many pieces to grill, it can take a while to turn each piece over. The result is over cooked, mushy fruit.
To make grilling the fruit easier, I used the Nordic Ware Stainless Steel Grill Basket.
This grill basket make it very easy to evenly grill the fruit without over cooking it or loosing pieces between the grill grates.
I simply placed the sliced fruit into the basket and placed the basket on the grill. Periodically, I gently stirred the fruit while it was grilling until it was warmed through.
You may know that Nordic Ware makes cookware and bakeware, but they also offer a great selection of grilling products, such as this stainless steel grill basket. It was very well made and can be used to grill so many things – such as veggies, shrimp or any smaller items.
Nordic Ware is celebrating 70 years as a family owned and operated kitchenware company. And, the manufacture most of their products in Minneapolis, MN.
I can’t wait to come up with some more recipes using the Nordic Ware Stainless Steel Grill Basket. Stay tuned!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Grilled Fruit Salad with Lemon Mint Sauce
- 2 peaches - sliced
- 2 plums - sliced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
Lemon Mint Sauce
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 leaves mint - minced
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place the peaches, plums and pineapple into a grill basket.
- Grill for 10 minutes, gently stirring occasionally, so that all of the fruit is cooked through.
- Remove fruit from the grill when it is warm and slightly softened.
- Place grilled fruit in a large bowl; add strawberries and blueberries.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Drizzle prepared Lemon Mint Sauce (recipe below) over fruit salad.
Lemon Mint Sauce
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl; stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.