This Bacon Berry Salad with Mojito Dressing one of my favorite salad recipes.
I received product in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
This salad has so many flavors and textures going on, it’s insane. But some how…some way, it all works.
I can’t even begin to tell you how I came up with this recipe. I really don’t know. I was looking for something a little different for lunch. I had some strawberries, so I added them. Blueberries were in season, so I added those too. You can never have enough berries.
It needed some crunch so I added pecans. Have I ever told you how much I love pecans? And, is it pee-cans? Or peh-cahns? I really don’t know so I use them interchangeably.
The salad needed something to cut through the sweetness of the berries so I added blue cheese. I have a thing for stinky cheeses with bold flavor. I just love ’em.
Then, because it’s bacon month, and because EVERYTHING is better with bacon, I added some crumbled bacon to the top. Why not?!
Now, stay with me. This is where it starts to get a little whacky.
I drizzled this luscious Mojito dressing all over the salad!
I know what you’re thinking…bacon and mojitos? Blue cheese and mojitos?
Seriously, folks, it works. And, by works, I mean this is earth shatteringly good!
I love, love, love mojitos. So, I thought, why not make it into a salad dressing.
This dressing has only three ingredients and it came together fast. I used the Torani Mojito Mint syrup to give the dressing the minty kick that it needed.
I don’t know what I’ve done without this syrup in my life. It’s definitely going to make cocktail time a LOT easier. And, I can a mojito kick to anything! It’s definitely a keeper!
I’m sharing this recipe as part of Bacon Month! Yep…an entire month full of BACON! If you missed my previous Bacon Month recipes, make sure you check these out:
Last year, I shared these recipes during Bacon Month:
For all of you bacon addicts out there, as part of Bacon Month we are sharing bacon recipes every Tuesday and Friday in August. So stay tuned – there’s lots more bacon-y deliciousness to come! Here are some of the other bacon recipes being shared today:
20 Minute Potato Wedges from Kleinworth & Co.
Triple Pork Breakfast Fatty from Hey Grill, Hey
Duck Bacon Lettuce And Tomato from Nomageddon
Bacon-Wrapped Ranch Pretzels from Around My Family Table
Bacon Berry Salad with Mojito Dressing from It Is A Keeper
Hog Wild Sammich from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Caramel Bacon Pull Apart Bread from A Dash of Sanity
Southwestern Bacon BBQ Pizza from A Simple Pantry
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Bacon Berry Salad
- 1 cup of mixed salad greens
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 strawberries - sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon - crumbled
- Mojito Dressing
- Toss salad and spinach together; place on serving dish.
- Top with berries, blue cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Drizzle with Mojito Dressing.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.