These Sausage and Egg Taquitos are an easy make-ahead breakfast recipe is great on the go!
Breakfast it the most important meal of the day. We’ve all heard that at least a few times. We know it’s true, but what do you do when you’re just too busy to make breakfast?
Today, I’m sharing a great make-ahead breakfast recipe that can help you make sure you and your family have a great breakfast every morning. Hi! It’s Susanne from New South Charm back with another great recipe.
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Taquitos are really easy to make and perfect for making in a batch. The best part is that they are freezer friendly. Just pop them in the microwave and you’ve got breakfast on the go.
To make these you will need sausage links, white corn or flour tortillas, eggs, and cheese. Yep, that’s just FIVE ingredients.
To make these begin by cooking sausage links in a medium skillet. I used pork but turkey will be fine too. Once the sausage is cooked set it aside
In a bowl crack eggs and add a splash of milk. Whisk until well combined. Transfer to skillet and season with salt and pepper cook scrambling until done.
Place a stack of tortillas in the microwave for ten seconds to warm.
Then stack on eggs, sausage, and cheese in tortilla and roll. Place the taquito seam down on a sheet pan. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray and bake in a 425º oven for 10-15 minutes.
To freeze prepare the following directions then allow them to cool completely. Then place in a zip-top freezer bag. To warm, pop them into the microwave for a few seconds.
If you don’t want to freeze place in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to seven days.
Of course, you don’t have to wait to enjoy these. You can always eat them right away for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Over on my blog New South Charm I have another great make-ahead breakfast recipe. This one is for English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas. I have to admit I make them for lunch all the time.
If you like more traditional breakfast fare check out my Western Omelette Frittata. All the flavors of a Western Omelette but in a great baked casserole.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Taquitos
- (1) 12 ounce package sausage links pork or turkey
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk just splash
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- (10) 6 inch white corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spray a sheet pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray and preheat oven to 425
- Prepare sausage according to package directions and set aside
- In a bowl crack 6 eggs, pour in a splash of milk and whisk together until well combined
- Transfer to skillet and season with salt and pepper, scramble eggs cooked completely.
- Place tortillas in microwave for ten seconds to warm them
- Remove tortillas from microwave, and then stack on eggs, sausages and cheese.
- Roll tortillas and place seam down on sheet pan
- Bake at 425º for 10 - 15 minutes
- If you want to freeze the taquitos allow them to cool completely and then place in a zip top freezer bag.
- To reheat just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
- These will also keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/