There is nothing better than an easy crock pot recipe. That is unless it is a delicious, easy crock pot recipe. This Slow Cooker Asian Chicken just happens to be both.
Hi y’all! It’s Susanne from New South Charm here again this month with a new recipe your family is going to love.
When I tell you this was good what I really mean is that it’s out of this world. Not only was it packed with great flavor the chicken was juicy and tender.
Begin by placing chicken breasts in the bowl of you slow cooker.
In a bowl whisk together a half cup of water with soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic and Sriracha sauce. Pour mixture over the chicken and then cook on low for six hours or high for four hours.
At the end of the cooking time remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside on a plate. Add cornstarch and a tablespoon of water to the liquid in in slow cooker and stir to combine. Replace lid and cook on high for 15 minutes so sauce can thicken.
While sauce is cooking shred the chicken. At the end of 15 minutes return chicken to crock pot and stir to coat in sauce.
I like to serve this over brown rice, White rice or even noodles are great with this too. Don’t forget to garnish with sesame seeds and green onions for a little bit of crunch.
If you enjoy Asian cuisine you’ll love my recipe for Slow Cooker Pepper Steak. Maybe you’re looking for more easy crock pot recipes? Two of my favorites are Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos and Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteaks. I’d love it if you’d pop over and check them out!
What’s your favorite thing to order at a Chinese or Japanese restaurant? I’d love to find out leave me a message in the in comments below. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the best Slow Cooker recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce, or to taste for more or less spice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Line chicken breasts in the bottom of the bowl of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine a 1/2 cup of water with soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic and Sriracha sauce
- Pour mixture over chicken cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours
- At the end of the cooking time remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside on a plate. Add cornstarch and a table spoon of water to liquid in the slow cooker then stir to combine. Replace lid and turn crock pot to high. Cook for 15 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- While sauce is cooking shred chicken. At the end of 15 minutes return chicken to slow cooker and stir to coat in sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.