This easy Chicken Tikka Masala is a classic Indian dish that is ready in under 30 minutes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of LISTERINE® Brand. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
I have a confession to make. I have never really tried Indian food.
It’s not for lack of desire. I love trying new food. I love exploring the tastes of various countries and cultures. It’s just that we live in a fairly rural part of Pennsylvania and there aren’t a lot of culturally diverse food options.
Based on what I’ve seen and read, I had a feeling I would like Indian food. It’s bold, unique and infused with flavors that I love such as cumin, chili, cardamom, garlic and ginger, among others.
My first foray into Indian food is this Chicken Tikka Masala.
Masala is basically a blend of spices found in Indian cuisine. It usually consists of chili pepper, cloves, cardamom, cumin and cinnamon, among other ingredients.
To help make this recipe easy for non-Indian experts (like myself), I used a pre-made masala paste. When combined with the other ingredients, something magical happens.
It was everything I wanted it to be (and so much more!).
The tender chicken takes on this beautiful orange color and is infused with the distinct flavors of the masala. You get warmth from the cinnamon undertones and a bit of heat from the pepper. I served it over rice and it just soaked up all of the glorious sauce.
It’s warm and hearty – just like a big, cozy sweater. This is comfort food.
The flavors are unmistakably big and bold. This is a recipe that will leave an impression. It will leave you wanting more. You’ll find yourself thinking about it. And, craving it. I’m so glad I took the plunge and tried it.
If you love being adventurous, daring and bold you’re invited to become one of the Bold Percent by LISTERINE®.
Mom didn’t think being bold was a good thing, but LISTERINE® does! They are celebrating those who have a bold attitude and a healthy mouth by rewarding boldness on a daily basis by giving away a range of fun, bold prizes.
I’ve teamed up with the LISTERINE® Brand to join the Bold Percent – and you should too!
Between September 7 and December 7, you can join the Bold Percent by registering here to unlock inner boldness, win rewards and earn sweepstakes entries towards bold prizes. Sweepstakes prizing includes:
- 1 Grand Prize of a trip to one of six bold destinations (Australia, Zambia, Alaska, Hawaii, New Orleans, & Spain)
- 15 Level 2 Prizes of bold excursions – from surfing lessons to racecar driving
- 30 Level 1 Prizes of bold-themed packs of high-end gadgets and gear in themes such as “Outdoor Adventure,” “ Bold Fitness,” and “Tropical On-The-Go”
You can even earn an additional 50 sweepstakes entries to the Bold Grand Prize by uploading a receipt showing the purchase of LISTERINE® Mouthwash!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Easy Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 cup masala paste divided
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cups tomato puree
- 7 ounces coconut milk
- Cut the chicken into one inch pieces; season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon of masala paste and yogurt.
- Add chicken to yogurt mixture and stir to coat all of the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining masala paste.
- Stir for one minute until the paste becomes fragrant.
- Add the chicken and yogurt to the skillet and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and coconut milk to the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving over rice.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/